We’re less than 2 weeks away! *cue terrified screaming and running around and pulling hair out*
If you don’t know, or you don’t know me, or you don’t follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you should know. I’m one of the co-chairs for the Komen Northeast Louisiana Race for the Cure. This is my second year in a row (and my last) to co-chair.
Race season is kind of crazy.
Race kind of takes over my life.
My to-do list is a mile long.
But that’s okay. In the end, we’re going to help rid the world of breast cancer. That’s why I do this.
And it’s totally fun to see this town transform!
Businesses are “Pinked Out”!
Amazing volunteers from the local university came to help us fold all 4200 of our t-shirts in record time!
These signs are popping up at homes and businesses all over the area!
So are things like this:
People are getting excited about the event we’re throwing, the work we’re doing, the money we’re raising, and the cause we’re supporting. And that’s pretty cool.
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure series is the largest series of certified 5K races in the world. Our Northeast Louisiana Race is the largest road race in the NELA area, and our Northeast-Central Louisiana Affiliate (with Race for the Cure events in Monroe, LA and Alexandria, LA) granted out $250,000 last year to groups in our 19-parish service area for screening, treatment, and diagnosis of breast cancer. 75% of the money raised stays local, and the other 25% goes to Komen HQ’s national research fund.
It’s not just pinkwashing. It’s not just a ribbon. It’s a mission. And we will end breast cancer forever.
To find a Komen Race for the Cure event near you, visit http://komen.org/race
See you there!